From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: selectively clear device disk cache?
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:04:49 GMT
On 5/2/12 9:00 AM, John Plevyak wrote:

> Means that you have too few directory entries for that disk.   Odd, unless
> you are caching very small objects or have set the configuration for
> average object size too high.
Right, this might be my fault :). They have mostly large files, with 1.7TB
of disk, and the default of 8KB average size creates way too many directory
entries (wasting memory, disk I/O and longer startup times). They should
estimate how many objects they need, salt it appropriately, and tune the
config accordingly.

-- Leif