From "Van Doorn, Jan R" <Jan_VanDo...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Re: Features request
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 21:40:53 GMT
About 1)  below, we have the same requirement. We would like to have
certain domains use only certain disks, so we put certain domains on
SSDs and certain domains on SATA drives, and maybe even keep certain
domains in mem (or ramdisk) only.

Maybe I am missing something, but I think all the drives in
storage.config go in to a common pool that gets divided in to volumes in
volume.config, and then you can assign these volumes to domains in
hosting.config, but there is no way to restrict a group of drives to a
volume, and thus to a domain?

I know there are some interesting options in cache.config, but I think
that won't allow me to pin objects for one domain in memory with a very
short TTL, while other domains still get written to disk?

Thanks again,
JvD

On 05/15/2012 09:58 PM, James Peach wrote:
> On 14/05/2012, at 12:03 PM, Provedor Bogus wrote:
>
>> Dear ATS developers,
>>
>> First of all, thanks a lot for the amazing software you made. Your work is very appreciated,
honestly.

>> Due to scalability problems, we are working on a trial to replace our Squid caches
to ATS and some interesting features would be very nice to have, which I enumerate below.

>> 1) Is it possible to have a "primary destination specifier" in hosting.config to
match a network ? We have a substantial amount of traffic coming from Akamai CDN (among others
CDNs) and would be lovely to have an option to store such huge data in bigger SATA disks (although
slow) instead of smaller SAS disks (although fast).
 and<http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/configuring-cache/#PartitioningCacheAccordingOriginServerDomain>.

>> 2) Is it possible to have a hierarquical cache disk model ? Would be lovely to have
smaller files (<  1 MB) on a SSD, midsize files on SAS disks (>  1 MB and<  10 MB)
and bigger files on SATA disks (>  10 MB). It helps to better manage the hit ratio on big
files which keeps the network busy for a longer time.

>> 3) Is it possible to have proxy.config.cache.min_average_object_size and proxy.config.cache.target_fragment_size
on per volume basis ? It helps to better manage the kind of files and size of cache each disk
will store.
> Could you please file a bug<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS>  for this
feature, including as much detail as you can about the configuration you need and the use
case it addresses?