From Saraswathi Venkataraman <saraswathi.venkatara...@Xoriant.Com>
Subject Configuring traffic server on transparent proxy mode.
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:59:04 GMT
Hi,

I have three servers an apache webserver, a client server(VM) and the TS server with TS installed
on it.

In order to set the TS on transparent proxy mode, I have  disabled reverse_proxy mode and
remap_required on records.config file.

The client server is configured in such a way that packets traceroute to the webserver via
the TS.

I have done the following iptables routing on the TS server.

# reflow client web traffic to TPROXY
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY \
   --on-ip 0.0.0.0 --on-port 8080 --tproxy-mark 1/1
# Let locally directed traffic pass through.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 --source 10.60.96.254 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 --destination 10.60.96.254 -j ACCEPT
# Mark presumed return web traffic
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 1/1

This did not change anything. It routed through TS and agve me the response, but I could not
find anything logged in the squid log so I assumed, it did not go through TS at all. When
I forced to intercept the packets using iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport
80 -j DNAT --to 10.60.96.254:8080

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

This gets logged as a request in SQUID logs but as ERR_CONNECT_FAIL/502.

Can anyone help me with what I am going wrong with, here?

Thanks & Regards
Saraswathi Venkataraman | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000 | Ext: 1113 | http://www.xoriant.com<http://www.xoriant.com/>