From Saraswathi Venkataraman <saraswathi.venkatara...@Xoriant.Com>
Subject RE: Configuring traffic server on transparent proxy mode.
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 06:13:20 GMT
Thanks Alan.

Are there any alternative ways to implement it without redundancy so that I can compare and
see what can be re moved? How do you suggest I implement it?

Thanks & Regards
Saraswathi Venkataraman | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000 | Ext: 1113 | http://www.xoriant.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan M. Carroll [mailto:amc@network-geographics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:55 PM
To: Saraswathi Venkataraman
Subject: Re: Configuring traffic server on transparent proxy mode.

The use of server_port and server_other_ports is deprecated. You should use server_ports only,
with "8080:tr-full". However the change was made so that those options should still work,
although they will be removed in a future release. You should not under any circumstances
use both server_port&server_other_ports and server_ports, that can cause port conflicts.

You are marking packets and using routing table 100. Do you define rules for table 100? Also,
it looks like your divert chain marks packets the same way as your --dport rule. But if it
works, then it's correct.