From Provedor Bogus <provedorbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Features request
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 19:03:57 GMT
Dear ATS developers,

First of all, thanks a lot for the amazing software you made. Your work is
very appreciated, honestly.

Due to scalability problems, we are working on a trial to replace our Squid
caches to ATS and some interesting features would be very nice to have,
which I enumerate below.

1) Is it possible to have a "primary destination specifier" in
hosting.config to match a network ? We have a substantial amount of traffic
coming from Akamai CDN (among others CDNs) and would be lovely to have an
option to store such huge data in bigger SATA disks (although slow) instead
of smaller SAS disks (although fast).

2) Is it possible to have a hierarquical cache disk model ? Would be lovely
to have smaller files ( < 1 MB) on a SSD, midsize files on SAS disks (> 1
MB and < 10 MB) and bigger files on SATA disks (> 10 MB). It helps to
better manage the hit ratio on big files which keeps the network busy for a
longer time.

3) Is it possible to have proxy.config.cache.min_average_object_size
and proxy.config.cache.target_fragment_size on per volume basis ? It helps
to better manage the kind of files and size of cache each disk will store.

Best Regards and all the best !

Antonio