From John Plevyak <jplev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: policy
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 04:55:56 GMT
The disk cache is a cyclone buffer, although it does have provision for
evacuating documents, I am not sure that code has been tested recently.  If
you "pin" documents, then they will be rewritten behind "head" of writes so
that they are never not present in the cache. There is also provision to
evacuate documents which get a hit in the second half of the cache (1/2 way
to being overwritten).    This feature is not enabled by default however.
 In general, for popular documents there is a strong temporal component, so
this "replacement" policy works out pretty well in practice.

john