From Christopher Arnold <arnol...@apple.com>
Subject Re: TSHttpConnect behavior
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:11:20 GMT

Technically the behavior works out fine for my production use case because the origin and
the authorizing service are the same host.  I noticed the socket connection wasn't changing
when I wanted to use an isolated test environment and just hard coded the sockaddr ip address
in (but didn't update the remap entry).  I *could* imagine a use case where the authorizing
web service resides on a different server than the origin and this behavior would present
a problem.  For the time being I think I'll be able to work with it but it was not immediately
obvious what was going on.  I just wanted to doublecheck with you guys.

On Jul 19, 2012, at 2:49 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> On 7/19/12 1:23 PM, Christopher Arnold wrote:
>> I'm working on a trafficserver plugin that performs a basic auth check for specific
types of files we'd like served from cache (sort of like the basic-auth plugin example).
My plugin takes the existing http request, modifies the http method from GET to HEAD and then
initiates a TSHttpConnect(addr) for a specific authentiation service addr address.   Despite
passing a hardcoded addr parameter to TSHttpConnect() it appears that my http connection is
being made to the origin server/port referenced in my modified http request.  Does anyone
know if this is expected behavior?  I'm a little thrown off by the behavior I'm observing
in my plugin.

> TSHttpConnect() goes through the HttpSM, and as such, I *think* it's also going through
Remapping. Could that be a problem?