From Saraswathi Venkataraman <saraswathi.venkatara...@Xoriant.Com>
Subject RE: Cache configuration
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:21:23 GMT
Basically it seems that for small cache like 1MB as ram cache size, the results are worth than
for larger ram and for lower BW the latency is worth, and it should be the other way
.

Thanks & Regards
Saraswathi Venkataraman | Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Winchester, Hiranandani Business Park, Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA.
Tel: +91 22 30511000 | Ext: 1113 | http://www.xoriant.com<http://www.xoriant.com/>

From: Saraswathi Venkataraman [mailto:saraswathi.venkataraman@Xoriant.Com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 5:42 PM
To: Leif Hedstrom; users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: RE: Cache configuration

This is the sample results we get for both the ATS.

For an average size of  objects fetched for 26K,ram cache config variable set to 100M and
ram cache cut off set to 100M for both these, we get for ATS1. Storage config has /dev/sda
for ATS2 and /dev/sdb for ATS1

TPS: 20910

BW: 4.34928

ATS1 CPU utiliation:
49.90%

ATS1 server load:
1.52

Latency of ATS1 which is loaded
avr 0.76

Latency of the other idle ATS2(SSD)
avr 0.15

And for ATS2
TPS: 22324

BW:4.643392

ATS2 CPU utiliation 51.40%

AT2S server load 2.55

Latency of ATS2 WHICH IS LOADED:
avr 0.715

Latenc of the AT1 which is idle
Avr 0.15

There is not much difference in the TPS as well. Is there any other way we can reduce the
latency, Am I missing some RAM configuration. Are there any other parameters  I can configure,
for better performance?