From sridhar basam <sridhar.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lots of TCP time_wait connections
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:17:10 GMT
time_waits are normal part of the tcp teardown process. I would first
try to understand if there is any tcp keepalive happening on the
connections to the origin and either fix it or make it so that they
are used more often. If you are an very busy site and if the
connection rate at the origins is high enough, even with keepalive,  i
would try the the 2nd set of sysctl changes before the tcp_tw_reuse
one as a last resort.

 Sridhar