From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: limit speed in single connection
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 03:07:56 GMT
I have another patch that I need to get fixed up that limits the amount of buffering per connection
which also in effect rate limits. It's more oriented to reducing memory footprint when serving
out to a slow connection.

> Hi,

> I have a proof-of-concept for limiting transactions/s and network speed globally, per
transaction, and/or per connection(session):

> https://github.com/oschaaf/ats/tree/master/limiter

> Limiting is implemented by rescheduling events further ahead.
> Another implementation detail, is that the bookkeeping is done with a std map protected
by a mutex. Ideallly, I think this would be implemented with a lock-free structure,
> I have looked into that for a little bit, but that seems like a patent-minefield.

> This code was actually just meant to have something to discuss on how to implement this
properly, and certainly not for use in production.

> Regards,

> Otto van der Schaaf

> 2013/1/9 bread <breadbean1449@gmail.com>
>
> i want to implement a plugin that can limit speed in single connection, can anybody give
me some ideas? thank you very much