From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Too many CLOSE_WAIT on client connections
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 15:03:30 GMT
On 1/3/13 12:36 AM, Vladyslav Bachynskyi wrote:
> Hi,
> I've Found the root cause.
> I have had to many CLOSE_WAIT connections because I've set
> proxy.config.http.transaction_active_timeout_in to 0.
> By changing this variable the issue has been solved.
> I thought, as such connections are not active, they should be fully
> closed even without transaction_active_timeout_in...

Hmmmm. That seems somewhat odd that it'd help. It'd be interesting to look
into why (that setting is necessary to keep at 0 for e.g. very large files
(streaming media for example, or YouTube proxy/caching). Or alternatively,
keep it very large (certainly much larger than 120s). What did you set it to ?

What is the problem having connections in CLOSE_WAIT anyways? The kernel
should clean that out after some time (like 120s or some such), no?

-- Leif