From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cache remove url and bnull-transform
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:29:42 GMT
On 1/15/13 9:08 AM, Geert Lugtenberg wrote:
> But there are APIs "TSCacheRemove" and "TSCacheKeyDigestFromUrlSet", what are they generally
used for then?

For adding/manipulating your own cache objects (non-HTTP). Like I said, you
can likely manipulate (delete) the cache header object for the already
cached object.

The HTTP cache is special, because it writes multiple cache entries, and
then carefully creates "links" between these objects. It's manipulating /
managing these "links" that's causing problems dealing with the HTTP cache
from plugins (and it's something we should fix).

-- Leif