From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: INACTIVE_TIMEOUT when using CNAME alias
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:54:04 GMT

Am 17.01.2013 16:37, schrieb Geert Lugtenberg:
> Okay, here to answer my own question. And it pretty dumb that I didn’t see it, as I’m
sure most of you did.

> In the below setup, www.example.com on the DNS points to the load balancer. The balancer
> sends requests to TS and in remap.conf of TS I have this rule:
>
> map http://www.example.com http://www.example.com
>
> Of course, when resolving www.example.com, TS maps to the load balancer again! And so
on.
> TS should be remapped to an ip address

no, you simply need to provide on the traffic-server
a DNS-resolver which points to the ip-address of the
target and not to the trafficserver again

dnsmasq as example can use a simple hosts file

what i do is fetch with a web-service the whole list
of ServerName / ServerAlias from a target-server
from our infrastrcuture backends and write a hosts
file with any hosted name and origin-ip

this way we simply decide with the "normal" DNS
if a site should be served with trafficserver or
directly the origin depending on page-load