From "McClimont, Aaron (SACE Board)" <Aar...@saceboard.sa.gov.au>
Subject RE: default maps in remap.conf
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:27:35 GMT
Jan,

  I came across this, which may help.  Add this as the last entry in the remap.conf configuration:

map / http://kitchensink.example.com

  Sourced from a presentation by Leif Hedstrom on ATS in Dec 2011 (Page 37): http://static.usenix.org/events/lisa11/tech/slides/hedstrom.pdf

Regards,
Aaron McClimont

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan-Frode Myklebust [mailto:janfrode@tanso.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 January 2013 12:50 AM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Re: default maps in remap.conf

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Williamson, Brad <Brad.Williamson@disney.com> wrote:
> We use this as a catch-all at the end of the remap list (i.e. the LAST line in remap.config).
It does not conflict with earlier rules in our experience, we pick stuff off at various rules
all over the place.

> regex_map http://([a-z\-0-9\.]+)
> http://our.internal.catchall-server.com/

I (painfully) discovered that that trailing regex_map had precedence over all my "redirects"
earlier in the file. Ref:
http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/configuration-files/remap.config.en.html
which says:

""" Remap rules are not processed top-down, but based on an internal priority
* map and reverse_map
* redirect and redirect_temporary
* regex_remap
* regex_redirect and regex_redirect_temporary """

.. not quite sure where regex_map fits in to that priority, but it seemed to have the same
priority as "map".

  -jf