From Otto van der Schaaf <osch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: limit speed in single connection
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:50:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a proof-of-concept for limiting transactions/s and network speed
globally, per transaction, and/or per connection(session):

https://github.com/oschaaf/ats/tree/master/limiter

Limiting is implemented by rescheduling events further ahead.
Another implementation detail, is that the bookkeeping is done with a std
map protected by a mutex. Ideallly, I think this would be implemented with
a lock-free structure,
I have looked into that for a little bit, but that seems like a
patent-minefield.

This code was actually just meant to have something to discuss on how to
implement this properly, and certainly not for use in production.

Regards,

Otto van der Schaaf