From kgardenia42 <kgardeni...@googlemail.com>
Subject Protocol plugin
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:11:01 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement for a simple plugin between a user and TS whereby
the protocol between the user an TS is a simple binary protocol (for
the purposes of discussion lets say it is 4 byte length, followed by a
block data of the stated length).

I have looked at the docs for protocol plugins and also the the sample
"protocol plugin", and SPDY plugin.

My issue with the sample protocol plugin is that it involves custom
request parsing and cache lookup logic.  In my case it is simpler, I
just want to unframe the data and then pass it on to the normal TS
engine (i.e. I don't want to write code to do request parsing and
cache lookups).

Is there a way for me to short-circuit things in that way?  i.e. can I
unframe the protocol data and then pass it directly to the normal TS
request/response engine?  Or do I have to write the boilerplate which
calls the request parsing, cache lookup logic.

Thanks.