From "Walsh, Peter" <Peter.Wa...@disney.com>
Subject Re: cache response transformed data
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 17:21:56 GMT
If you register for the TS_HTTP_RESPONSE_TRANSFORM_HOOK while handling the event TS_EVENT_HTTP_READ_RESPONSE_HDR,
your transformed data will be saved to cache.  This will result in the transform only being
run when a response is from the Origin, and won't be run when its from cache.

From: Geert Lugtenberg <geert.lugtenberg@poort80.nl<mailto:geert.lugtenberg@poort80.nl>>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 05:52:58 -0800
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>" <users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>>
Subject: cache response transformed data

Hi all,

I have a plugin that transforms response data from an origin server at the HTTP_RESPONSE_TRANSFORM
hook. As this hook is after the cache write of the response data, my modified data doesn’t
get written into the cache. How can I write the transformed content to the cache, so that
I only have to transform once when there is a cache miss/stale?

Thanks.