From "Owens, Steve" <Steve.Ow...@disney.com>
Subject Re: Questions about tsxs
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:37:13 GMT
Given that tsxs is broken does anyone know what would be the sequence of commands that it would
execute to build the plugin if it were working correctly given the following command line?

tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin

From: "Owens, Steve" <Steve.Owens@disney.com<mailto:Steve.Owens@disney.com>>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:19:14 -0800
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>" <users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Questions about tsxs

Digging into this further I can see that when I invoke:
tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin

Tsxs writes the following on the last line of output:
Compile failed: g++ -I/usr/local/include -g -pipe -Wall -Werror -O3 -feliminate-unused-debug-symbols
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-invalid-offsetof -fpic -c JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -o JsonPTransformationHandler.lo

Yet when I do
tsxs -h

It outputs:
/usr/local/bin/tsxs : a tool to compile, link and install trafficserver plugins.

 compiling/linking:
-c [ file1.c [ file2.c [ ... ] ] ]      ## compiles C files
-C [ file1.cc [ file2.C [ ... ] ] ]     ## compiles C++ files
-o modulename.so                        ## the name of the module
-I include                              ## add -Iinclude to the compile
-l lib                                  ## add -llib to the link

 installing:
-o modulename.so                        ## the name of the module
-i                                      ## install the object

So I am pretty sure there is a bug here since the –I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin didn't make
it to the g++ command.