From "Owens, Steve" <Steve.Ow...@disney.com>
Subject Re: Questions about tsxs
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:17:53 GMT
James,

After examining the tsxs shell script it is now apparent to me why the
command didn't work.

This will not work as expected:

tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc
-I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin

I suspect that this WILL work as expected

tsxs  -I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C
JsonPTransformationHandler.cc

Apparently the command line parsing algorithm used isn't as robust as it
could be.

The inner loop in the argument parser:
        -C)
            shift
            while [ -r "$1" ]; do
               SRC=$1
               obj=`echo $SRC | sed -e 's/\.[a-z]*$/\.lo/g;'`
               echo "  compiling $SRC -> $obj"
               debug "$CXX $CPPFLAGS $CXXFLAGS $PICFLAGS -c $SRC -o $obj"
               $CXX $CPPFLAGS $CXXFLAGS $PICFLAGS -c $SRC -o $obj ||
               bail "Compile failed: $CXX $CPPFLAGS $CXXFLAGS $PICFLAGS -c
$SRC -o $obj"
               OBJS="$OBJS $obj"
               LD=$MODULELDXX
               BUILD=1
               shift
            done
            ;;

Seems to be eating arguments after the -C.

Once I get to a terminal I can try this out from I will follow up with
results.

Steve Owens