From "Williamson, Brad" <Brad.William...@disney.com>
Subject RE: default maps in remap.conf
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:42:59 GMT
All of our rules are map except for a few regex_remap's at the end. But thanks for pointing
that out, I was under the impression that it handled things in a top-down fashion since that's
the way it is behaving now. Seems like that "Internal Priority" needs a bit more explanation
where you might have more than one of the same type of rules.

Either we have been incredibly lucky, or rules of the same type (i.e. regex_remap) are handled
in a top down fashion, since that catch-all would definitely break many other things that
we have in place that work just fine stripping things off. And without a way of specifying
which rule to process before another, that makes life difficult. The whole point of what we
are doing in the remap.config is to send things that need to be resized/scaled/manipulated
to a separate service to be handled there, specified by specific patterns in the URL.

Argh. Now I need to review the rules and make sure we aren't on thin ice. It's working beautifully
so far.

Brad

http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/configuration-files/remap.config.en.html#Precedence

"Remap rules are not processed top-down, but based on an internal priority

    map and reverse_map
    redirect and redirect_temporary
    regex_remap
    regex_redirect and regex_redirect_temporary
"