From Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfr...@tanso.net>
Subject Re: trafficserver-3.2.4 unstable?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:14:06 GMT
On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 02:19:55PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> >> map http://www.rhsoft.net http://www.rhsoft.net
> >> reverse_map http://www.rhsoft.net http://www.rhsoft.net
> >
> > Does that reverse_map make any sense ?
>
> it makes pretty much sense
> you missed the part with dnsmasq :-)
>
> * trafficserver is using DNS 127.0.0.1
> * this is dnsmasq configured with /etc/hosts.dnsmasq
> * /etc/hosts.dnsmasq and the mappings are configured based on a webservice
> * this way i can decide with the public DNS if a host should use
>   the trafficserver or directly the origin because trafficserver
>   here is useed to reduce image-loads fro high-traffic projects
>   by caching them for 60 seconds which makes not much sense
>   for small sites

No, I didn't miss the dnsmasq part, but I might not fully understand
reverse_maps. As far as I understand it, your origin server should
return "Location: http://www.rhsoft.net" both when it's accessed
directly, and when it's accessed trough the traffic server. And mapping
http://www.rhsoft.net to http://www.rhsoft.net seems kind of redundant :-)

> >> LimitNOFILE=100000
> >> LimitMEMLOCK=infinity
> >> OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
> >> PrivateTmp=yes
> >> CapabilityBoundingSet=~CAP_SYS_PTRACE
> >> InaccessibleDirectories=/boot
> >> InaccessibleDirectories=/home
> >> InaccessibleDirectories=/usr/local/scripts
> >> InaccessibleDirectories=/var/lib/rpm
> >> InaccessibleDirectories=/var/spool
> >

> the first 3 values where already there, we will see
> for me "stack_dump_enabled" is new and unclear what
> it is supposed to do

I would rather try a less restrictive systemd environment. Drop
CapabilityBoundingSet, PrivateTmp and limits, just to make sure they're
not influencing.

  -jf