From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setting records per site or src ?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 04:07:59 GMT
On 2/4/13 4:12 AM, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> We're running ATS in reverse proxy mode, as edge servers for several
> websites. One problem we've had is that we have a bunch of
> settop-boxes that are sending "cache-controls max-age=0" for every
> request, so we turned on
> proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_no_cache to work around this
> problem.

Hmmm, that doesn't seem right. To ignore max-age=0, you should do

     CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_cc_max_age INT 1

> Our ATS's are edge servers for several sites, and it seems a bit bad
> to be setting each of these globally, instead of as fixed for each web
> application that has problems with the defaults. Are there any way of
> setting these either on a per-virtual-host basis, or on a per
> client-source-range basis ?

You can do it per remap rule using the conf_remap, and just point it to a
config file with the same format as records.config. Only a subset of
records.config can be overriden though, I think it's documented on the Wiki.
In your case, you'd want e.g.

     CONFIG proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_in INT 120
     CONFIG proxy.config.http.transaction_no_activity_timeout_out INT 120

in a config file, and then add @plugin=conf_remap.so
@pparam=/some/path/to/your.config   to the appropriate remap rule.

I hope that helps.

-- Leif