From "G. T. Stresen-Reuter" <tedmaster...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Start Trafficserver on Init (Ubuntu Precise 12.04)
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:49:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to trafficserver (and the list). I've successfully installed it on ubuntu precise
(12.04) and it seems to be working quite well. My thanks to the devs and all those who've
put effort into making this work!

Although I'm familiar with the ubuntu init system, I'm having a little trouble figuring out
where/how to tell trafficserver to start on system startup. My confusion is in two places:

1. Where in ubuntu do we add startup services? (I don't expect an answer to this one from
this list, but thought I'd throw it out there).

2. What command do I use to start trafficserver: "traffic_manager start" or some other program?
I'm asking this second one because I've seen conflicting examples: some use traffic_manager,
some traffic_cop, and others appear to just use trafficserver itself.

And finally, if anyone knows of a good reference for a beginner, I would really love to learn
more about setting up trafficserver for content filtering (I work in a school). I've read
some articles but don't feel particularly prepared to sink my teeth into iptables without
a considerable amount of additional research...

Thanks again.

Ted Stresen-Reuter
http://chicagoitsystems.com