From Rashid Zamani <rashi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Push Cache
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:04:40 GMT
Igor,

Thank you for your reply, and you are absolutely right, here are more
details on how I'm using ATS and what I want to get from it.

I am using trafficserver 3.2.0 as a forward proxy. And what I'm looking for
is to push some web pages into the cache, and then restore them using my
browser (FireFox 7.0.1), yet I was not able to do so.

When i try pushing a website into my ATS cache I always get the OK
response, but when I try loading the page using my browser I get the actual
page not the one I pushed into the cache. Therefore I tried using wget.
With wget if I dont use --no-proxy flag I get the actual webpage again (the
"original index.html") but using wget with no flags I get the exact same
materials I push to the cache. I asked this before (not ver verboosly
though) and a gentleman mentioned that it can be because of my browser,
this is his original reply, but I cant take his notes further...

>  I think your browser accepts sends an Accept-Encoding header, and the
> response you pushed is not encoded. So traffic server fetches a
> compressed page from your webserver, and responds with that instead.

 Regards

 Otto

So here is some part of my records.config :

CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 8080
CONFIG proxy.config.http.connect_ports STRING 443 563
CONFIG proxy.config.http.insert_request_via_str INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.response_server_enabled INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.insert_age_in_response INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.enable_url_expandomatic INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.no_dns_just_forward_to_parent INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.uncacheable_requests_bypass_parent INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.keep_alive_enabled_in INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.keep_alive_enabled_out INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.chunking_enabled INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.send_http11_requests INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.negative_caching_lifetime INT 1800
CONFIG proxy.config.http.push_method_enabled INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.http INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ims_on_client_no_cache INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_server_no_cache INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_cc_max_age INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.cache_responses_to_cookies INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_authentication INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.cache_urls_that_look_dynamic INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.enable_default_vary_headers INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.max_stale_age INT 604800
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.range.lookup INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.permit.pinning INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size INT -1
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff INT 4194304
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.enable_read_while_writer INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.default_to_server_pac INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.default_to_server_pac_port INT -1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

And I only have this line uncommented in my ip_allow.config:

src_ip=127.0.0.1                                  action=ip_allow
method=ALL

Thank you for your time.

--
Rashid Zamani