From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SSL question.
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 02:06:18 GMT
On 3/5/13 6:59 PM, Richard Whittaker wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have an issue because I am cheap. lol
>
> I have taken advantage of GoDaddy's ultra cheap SSL cert offer, and have
> obtained 3 SSL certs. Unfortunately, the offer didn't extend to wildcard
> certs.

Odd that they didn't let you put all 3 names into one cert, they certainly
supports that.

> I only have one IP address, is it still possible to bind these certs to
> that one interface, or will that not work?

This will work, but only with browsers that supports SNI. This particularly
excludes all versions of IE on Windows/XP. If you can live with that, then
it will work fine, since most other modern browsers / OS's handles SNI just
fine. I'm not sure exactly which version of ATS supports SNI, but I'm
guessing v3.2.4 is what you should deploy.

Cheers,

-- Leif