From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] End of Life of RHEL4 (CentOS4 etc.) support
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 02:31:42 GMT
On 3/4/13 11:15 PM, James Peach wrote:
> On 28/02/2013, at 3:49 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> We still will support RHEL5 and later, which implies the lowest gcc version we need
to support is gcc v4.1.2. RHEL5 kernel is v2.6.18, which is the older kernel I propose we
support. It's obviously OK to use new features in newer kernels, with appropriate #ifdef's
etc., but the default build needs to complete and pass regression on the RHEL5 (and derivatives)
standard platform.

>> Any concerns with this?
> Nope, but we should update https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Supported+Operating+Systems

Wow, that page is incredibly out of date. Do we need to list every 32/64-bit
version, and do we really want to have "owners" for each of these?

-- Leif