From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: SSL question.
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:15:46 GMT

Am 08.03.2013 08:51, schrieb Igor Galić:
>> SNI seems to work very well, and for those people that insist on
>> using
>> IE and XP, they will just have to go on without SSL..
>
> Those who insist on XP+IE probably don't really care about SSL
> or the security it provides anyway ;)

as user you are not in the position to care in most cases
fact is if you are hosting a website and redirect to https://
you will lock out any user which have not the chice and most
of these are business users

> But that reminds me: There are still a number of low level APIs
> and libraries that do not support SNI: Off the top of my head
> JDK6 comes to my mind...

and that is why you can SNI only use for your pet's website but
nut if you hosting anything which is business relevant