From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TS and upgraded protocols
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 06:13:40 GMT
On 04/03/2013, at 10:05 PM, Igor Galić <i.galic@brainsware.org> wrote:

> Right now, the only additional porotocol plugin that I am aware of is SPDY.
> It's in experimental, and has unfortunately not seen much field testing.
>
> Brian..... Something..
> One of the Br[iy]ans who attended ApacheCon showed interest in WebSockets/ATS - so maybe
we'll soon see a new addition here!

WebSocket will need some changes in core to support the upgrade mechanism. I'd like to support
that but it's not going to be in the immediate future.

> -- i
> Sorry if I didn't provide enough information on how I am using Traffic Server.
>
> I am using Traffic Server in explicit forward proxy mode, I would like to know if TS
supports WebSocket.

> I read in this Wikipedia article that  "Some proxy servers are harmless and work fine
with WebSocket; others will prevent WebSocket from working correctly, causing the connection
to fail. In some cases, additional proxy server configuration may be required, and certain
proxy servers may need to be upgraded to support WebSocket."