From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] End of Life of RHEL4 (CentOS4 etc.) support
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 06:15:26 GMT
On 28/02/2013, at 3:49 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> with RedHat moving RHEL4 into extended support as of 2012, I think we should stop supporting
RHEL4 (and derivatives) for ATS. Meaning, we will no longer try to compile / run on these
platforms.

+1

> We still will support RHEL5 and later, which implies the lowest gcc version we need to
support is gcc v4.1.2. RHEL5 kernel is v2.6.18, which is the older kernel I propose we support.
It's obviously OK to use new features in newer kernels, with appropriate #ifdef's etc., but
the default build needs to complete and pass regression on the RHEL5 (and derivatives) standard
platform.

Nope, but we should update https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Supported+Operating+Systems