From mars...@gmail.com
Subject Reverse proxy incoming connection limit?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:54:42 GMT
Hello. I recently switched from someone else's apache httpd reverse proxy to trafficserver.
ATS seems very capable but I am still learning.
Single reverse proxy. Single origin server.
Base system CentOS 6.4, 2 cpus, 6 Gb,
trafficserver 3.4, base settings except needed changes to allow https, custom logs

ATS worked for our test with smaller loads but now with hundreds of incoming connections some
people were not connecting. netstat shows the ip of a system not connecting as TIME_WAIT.
Watching the origin server specific log, it seems most requests are being processed through
ATS constantly.

I read ATS can handle thousands easily with one server. Is there some base OS or ATS setting
I need to allow this potential? Not ready for clustering yet.