From Matthieu Bienvenüe <matth...@exultet.net>
Subject Re: Unable to bind socket: 80 : Permission denied
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:59:27 GMT
How could I enable this tag ?

Le 09/04/2013 20:20, Alan M. Carroll a écrit :
> Expected, using libcap is more secure but not more powerful. Essentially it enables the
traffic_manager and traffic_server processes to completely drop root access and still work.
Without it they retain the ability to restore super user status because otherwise they cannot
perform restricted operations (such as bind to a reserved port).

> The only thing I can suggest at this point is to enable "lm" debug tags - those might
provide some further insight. When a reserved port is bound without libcap (which is normally
done in the traffic_manager process) it has to reset the euid to 0 and possibly that is failing
because of VZ.