From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: TProxy/Bridge on FreeBSD
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 11:53:17 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> On 13-05-06 11:18 AM, Marc Branchaud wrote:
> > On 13-05-04 07:03 PM, Bruno Araújo wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How can I use TS as transparent proxy, like squid tproxy, on a
> >> FreeBSD bridge QoS?
> >
> > Our solution is likely to not work for anyone else, but I'll
> > describe it
> > anyway just in case.
> >
> > We use a custom (and older) FreeBSD kernel that we've hacked to
> > allow bind()
> > to spoof IP addresses without privileges.
> >
> > To get transparent TS in our environment, I taught the build a
> > --tproxy=nosockopt which enables transparent proxying without
> > trying to
> > setsockopt(IP_TRANSPARENT).  I can make this patch available if you
> > like.
> > Conceivably this might allow you do have transparent TS if you run
> > it as
> > root, but I haven't tried that.
>
> Bruno expressed an interest in trying this, so here's the patch.
>
> (Is there a preferred way to exchange such patches?  I'm not familiar
> with TS, or Apache, policies...)

We accept patches via Jira, Mail, GitHub pull request.

one way or another they need to be reviewed before they can be
committed by an Apache Committer who has the legal clearance.

The legal framework under which we operate

  http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html

We need something like this for TS:

   https://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html

--