From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Variable lifetime
Date Sun, 26 May 2013 02:23:53 GMT
On 5/25/13 10:05 AM, Ian Kinch wrote:
> please nick, i need the right answer. i want to keep a data until the end
> of server life just like variables in desktop programming.

I think you need to try to explain what you are trying to do. ATS does not
guarantee to keep data "until the end of server life time", period. At the
most, an object can stay in cache for 1 year (currently), it's possible we
can fix that but no one has expressed a need for it so far. Additionally,
unless you pin objects to the cache, they will get evicted as other objects
need the space. This is the typical behavior for any cache.

-- Leif