From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: TProxy/Bridge on FreeBSD
Date Sun, 05 May 2013 10:01:21 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
>
> How can I use TS as transparent proxy, like squid tproxy, on a
> FreeBSD bridge QoS?

unfortunately right now the way we drop privileges for the tproxy
is not portable to FreeBSD. While FreeBSD does have a system for
fine-grained privilege seperation in theory:

   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=cap_enter&sektion=2&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+9.1-RELEASE
   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=priv&sektion=2&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+9.1-RELEASE

in practice this system is not widely used, adopted by any other
projects, not very well tested, but most importantly: Doesn't work
the same way it does on Linux or Solaris.

It would be easier to port tproxy to Solaris (I'm estimating some
4 hours of work) than to FreeBSD.

> If my English is not clear, please ask.

> Bruno Araújo
>

> Antes de imprimir, verifique se tem papel e tinta suficiente na
> impressora.

por que eu iria imprimir um e-mail?

--
Igor Galić