From Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it>
Subject Re: Caching dynamic content, trading between HTTP versions
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 20:33:41 GMT
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> As long as you keep the default setting, it ought to just work. Do you see
>> problems with this? The setting in question is
>>

>     CONFIG proxy.config.http.send_http11_**requests INT 1

Wow, now that looks good (simple and works).

> -- Leif
>
> P.s
> To make sure I'm not smoking crack (this time at least...), I tried it
> (sending an HTTP/1.0 request to ATS). Below is a debug tracer from
> traffic_server, as you can see, the client request is HTTP/1.0, the proxy
> request to origin is HTTP/1.1, the response from Origin is HTTP/1.1, and
> finally, the response back to client is HTTP/1.0 (which is a must). This is
> why conforming to RFC2616 should not be considered optional ;).

I'll double check for sure, but the traces you provided really seem
promising. What I need to test is what happens if the
origin server responds with an etag.

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
GeoServer training in Milan, 6th & 7th June 2013!  Visit

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.