From "Williamson, Brad" <Brad.William...@disney.com>
Subject RE: need help in configuring digest authentication on Traffic Server
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 14:04:36 GMT
This is not a function that ATS can, or should, perform.

You need to set up shared authentication on the back end servers.

From: Vijendra Agarwal [mailto:vij.agarwal@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:40 AM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Re: need help in configuring digest authentication on Traffic Server

My setup has more than one server for which I am doing load balancing between them using ATS.
I need to authenticate the user at a single place which is at ATS. As there is a configuration
setting avaialbe for SSL similary are there any configuration settings available for Digest
Authentication?

Thanks
Vijendra.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net<mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>>
wrote:
i still refuse to understand why this is any proxy servers job
setup authentication on the origin server and you are done

Am 30.05.2013 07:59, schrieb Vijendra Agarwal:
> I looked at the other proxy server such as squid. it has a configuration entries for
digest authentication using
> auth_param. I am looking for similar configuration entries in ATS. But could not able
to find it.

> My first query is
> 1. Is ATS support Digest Authentication? If yes, can anyone please let me know how can
I configure for it?

<mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net<mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>>> wrote:

>     Am 29.05.2013 08:28, schrieb Vijendra Agarwal:
>     > I am using traffic server 3.2.4 on my system. I want to configure traffic server
to have Digest Authentication. I
>     > search on the site for configuration details but could not able to find any
useful information about it.
>     >
>     > Can anybody please help me out to configure the digest authentication on Traffic
Server?

--
Thanks
Vij