From "Williamson, Brad" <Brad.William...@disney.com>
Subject RE: need help in configuring digest authentication on Traffic Server
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 14:14:17 GMT
Authentication should really only come into play when ATS is being used as a FORWARD proxy
for users surfing OUT through it. You describe a reverse proxy scenario where users are authenticated
coming in to your servers, and this is not really the right way to do it.

I don't think ATS has authentication for regular forward proxy mode either, but the bottom
line is that the authentication needs to be happening at a web server layer, not a proxy.
If you insist on having authentication at the load balancer layer, you should consider using
Apache httpd in reverse proxy mode, then you can add htdigest or whatever to that server.

From: Vijendra Agarwal [mailto:vij.agarwal@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:00 AM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Re: need help in configuring digest authentication on Traffic Server

I looked at the other proxy server such as squid. it has a configuration entries for digest
authentication using auth_param. I am looking for similar configuration entries in ATS. But
could not able to find it.

My first query is
1. Is ATS support Digest Authentication? If yes, can anyone please let me know how can I configure
for it?

Thanks
Vijendra

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net<mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>>
wrote:

Am 29.05.2013 08:28, schrieb Vijendra Agarwal:
> I am using traffic server 3.2.4 on my system. I want to configure traffic server to have
Digest Authentication. I
> search on the site for configuration details but could not able to find any useful information
about it.

> Can anybody please help me out to configure the digest authentication on Traffic Server?
why should this be the job auf the *proxy server*?

--
Thanks
Vij