From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ts may return incorrect Age header?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:59:49 GMT
On Jun 26, 2013, at 7:45 PM, Jan van Doorn <jvd@knutsel.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...
>
> How can you see from the client's persepctive if this was a hit or miss? I've been using
the Age: header, but have been confused by this same problem. I know I can setproxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str
to 3, but what if I don't want to expose that much information in all responses?

Would https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1571 help?

> Rgds,
> JvD
>
> On 06/26/2013 08:35 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>> On 6/26/13 8:27 PM, Esmq wrote:
>>> hi,all
>>>
>>> i observed that ts sometimes return with Age header which value greater than
0, (but the value never greater than 5 or so)

>>> but i when looking for access log, all is TCP_MISS...
>>>
>>> TCP_MISS and the Age header value greater that 0....isn't that conflict?!
>>

>> Typically means that your origin took > 0s and (in your case) less than 5s to
respond. Age: starts when ATS sends the request to origin.