From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ts may return incorrect Age header?
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:59:51 GMT
On 6/26/13 8:45 PM, Jan van Doorn wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> How can you see from the client's persepctive if this was a hit or miss?
> I've been using the Age: header, but have been confused by this same
> problem. I know I can set proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str to 3,
> but what if I don't want to expose that much information in all responses?

curl -s -D - -o /dev/null -H "Cache-Control: only-if-cached"
http://www.example.com/some/url.html

or, the Via headers, or the logs. Typically though, if you origin takes that
long that you can't distinguish between a probably cache hit, and a cache
miss, something is odd ;). Age: is never certain to specify if it's a cahce
hit or not, it's not the semantics of it at all.

Cheers,

-- Leif