From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release v3.3.3
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:02:14 GMT

On 7 Jun 2013, at 15:54, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> On 6/7/13 7:12 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
>> On 7 Jun 2013, at 13:55, Nick Kew wrote:
>>
>>> checking checking whether to auto-set compiler optimization flags... no
>>> configure: error: clang is the only supported on compiler on Darwin
>> FWIW it's detecting my compiler as gnu.  Which seems perverse:
>
> Nod. Did you try explicitly with clang/clang++ (configure CC=clang CXX=clang++) ?
>
> -- Leif

That works (though I also needed to set pcre explicitly: configure
succeeded with the default but build failed).

It then proceeds to fail test for further spurious reasons that appear
to stem from mixing build components.  But nothing fatal.

Anyway, whence the CLANG requirement and bizarre manifestation
of the build error?  This is new in 3.3.x but I can't see it in CHANGES.

--
Nick Kew