From "Owens, Steve" <Steve.Ow...@disney.com>
Subject Cache invalidation
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:53:56 GMT
One of the issues that comes up over and over again with regard to cache
invalidation is that the HTTP spec automatically invalidates the cache
when an unsafe operation such as PUT, POST or DELETE is called upon a URI.

I am not sure about this and I am certainly open to correction, but I
believe that ATS uses the Content-Type as part of the cache key.

So if for example I were to call

GET .../users/xyz222
Accept: application/json; model=com.bla.bla.User.address

The result would end up in one cache entry.

And if I were to call
GET .../users/xyz222
Accept: application/json; model=com.bla.bla.User.credentials

The result would end up in a different cache entry.

What would be fantastic however is if I could some how configure ATS such
that if it were called with

PUT .../users/xyz222

That any content at .../users/xyz222 would be cache invalidated regardless
of the content type delivered.

Thoughts?