From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Tuning ATS for performance testing.
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 21:30:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> Hi gentlemen,

Hi Pavel,

> I'm trying to test the performance of ATS v.4.0.2.
>
> Server under test has quad-core CPU with HT disabled. During test (1k

Given the range of Platforms we support it's /always/ Good to explicitly
state which platform (OS, version, kernel) you're running on.

But also, exactly how you compiled it.

> user-agents, 1k origin servers, up to 6k requests per second with
> average size of 8kb) at mark of 2-2.5k requests per second I see the

Given the range of configurations we support it's always good to explictly
state if this is a forward, reverse or transparent proxy (You only mention
later that caching is fully disabled..)

> signs of overloading (growing delay time, missed responses). The problem
> is that according to top output, CPU cycles are not under heavy load
> (which is strange for overloaded system). All the other parameters (ram,
> I/O, network) are far from saturation too. Top shows load at about
> 50-60% of one core for [ET_NET 0] process. traffic_server instances seem
> to be spreaded between all the cores, even if I'm trying to bind them
> mandatory to one or the two of the corec using taskset.

(at this point I can now guess with certainty that you're talking about
Linux, but I still don't know which distro/version, etc..)

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org