From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Traffic Server Fatal Error
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:26:36 GMT
On Oct 28, 2013, at 1:22 PM, Sjaak Westdijk <swreg@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are running ATS 4.0.1 on omnios. This system is running fine for a couple of weeks.
Today we decided to allow more users to access the internet through this system. On the busiest
moments a have seen two times a traffic_server restart with the next messages in the system
log:

>  FATAL: HttpSM.cc:2048: failed assert `!t_state.host_db_info.reverse_dns`
> Have someone an idea what happening,

This assertion was added by Alan in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1424. Could you
please file a JIRA ticket and include the full stacktrace from the logs and and details about
your DNS configuration that you can share.

thanks,
James