From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: Buffering Streaming HTTP with ATS
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 02:19:13 GMT

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Oct 16, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com> wrote:
>
 >> This email is meant to open discussions regarding this as I'm not entirely sure
ATS can even do this sort of thing.

 >> 1) Is there some way I can configure ATS to buffer streaming HTTP?

It is possible to configure 4.0.1 to limit the amount of internal buffer used per transaction[1].
If you used that, ATS should slow down the reads from the origin server if the client side
is slower. I don't know if that would accomplish what you want. It should work even if the
content isn't cached. It is supposed to work even if the content is pulled from cache but
that has only been lightly tested.

[1] http://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/configuration/records.config.en.html#proxy-config-http-flow-control-enabled