From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: ATS Storage Question
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:20:26 GMT

Am 18.10.2013 18:14, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
> Unfortunately, not an option for me

bad

> Although, honestly, I prefer filesystem-based storage anyways

why?

in case of a softeare which can work with RAW devcies you
have the complete filesystem-overhead including caching and
so on

ATS raw devices are completly painless and initialized at their own
even after stop ATS, dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=50
followed by start the service again

service ats stop; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=50; service ats start

> I was just wondering if there's a "right answer" here.
>

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>>
wrote:

>     Am 18.10.2013 18:01, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
>     > I've already noticed ATS tends to slow down a bit when using database files
above 2GB...but it got me thinking.