From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: ATS Storage Question: Part 2
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:53:47 GMT

Am 19.10.2013 22:42, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
> Yeah, I actually tried rebooting.  No mention of xvdc anywhere.  No device in /dev/

boah *what* let you assume there is a *new* disk?
what about post output of "df -hT" and "ls -lha /dev/"

> I'm starting to think I may need to stick with ext3 as at least that shows up on my virtual
machine...

what has the filesystem to do with it?
if there is no /dev/xvdc you also could not format it as ext3

RAW disk means a completely independent, new hard disk
practically the same what you have if you get a new drive to format with ext3

<mailto:colonelforbin74@gmail.com>
>     <mailto:colonelforbin74@gmail.com <mailto:colonelforbin74@gmail.com>>>
wrote:
>     >
>     >     I actually tried using MAKEDEV to create /dev/xvdc, chowned it to "nobody",
and then have ATS use that.
>     >
>     >     Unfortunately, then ATS gives me this error:
>     >
>     >     [Oct 19 13:13:55.782] Server {0x2aaaab113f60} WARNING: unable to open '/dev/xvdc':
-6, No such device or
>     address
>     >     [Oct 19 13:13:55.782] Server {0x2aaaab113f60} WARNING: could not initialize
storage "/dev/xvdc" [unable
>     to open]
>     >     [Oct 19 13:13:55.782] Server {0x2aaaab113f60} WARNING: no cache disks specified
in
>     >     /usr/local/etc/trafficserver/storage.config: cache disabled
>     >
>     >     Any ideas?  I feel like I'm missing something.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >     On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net
<mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>
>     <mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl@thelounge.net>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >         Am 19.10.2013 21:39, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
>     >         > This is really more of a Linux virtualization question, but I'd
rather ask you people than bother
>     the hosting
>     >         > company if possible.
>     >         > First off, I was completely wrong about raw disk being available.
 My apologies, I should've checked.