From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Settings you "always" change
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:31:24 GMT
On Oct 17, 2013, at 11:34 AM, Miles Libbey <mlibbey@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi folks-
> Want to get a sense of configuration settings that folks typically
> change, in hopes of changing some of ATS' default settings.  For
> instance, I'm betting that most people change storage.config to have a
> cache bigger than 256MB.
>
> What other settings do you usually change?

Here's mine :).

1. Always storage.config, depending on system I prefer a raw device, otherwise 2-4GB if it's
primarily for "testing".

2. Usually volumes.config (4 volumes at 25% each to avoid the lock contention). This depends
on the cache size too, you don't want to make too small volumes I think.

3. Always remap.config when in reverse proxy.

4. records.config for reverse proxy:

proxy.config.http.server_ports STRING 80
proxy.config.exec_thread.affinity INT 1
proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1
proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size INT 512M
proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff INT 512K
proxy.config.cache.min_average_object_size INT 16K
proxy.config.cache.enable_read_while_writer INT 1
proxy.config.http.background_fill_active_timeout INT 0
proxy.config.http.background_fill_completed_threshold FLOAT 0.0
proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 2
proxy.config.http.cache.ignore_client_cc_max_age INT 1  # This violates RFC 2616
proxy.config.http.normalize_ae_gzip INT 1
proxy.config.http.negative_caching_enabled INT 1 # Probably violates RFC 2616
proxy.config.http.negative_caching_lifetime INT 30

I do some other stuff too, but the above is something I always tweak.

Cheers,

-- Leif