From Luca Rea <luca....@contactlab.com>
Subject RE: Ats as forward with user auth
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 07:13:21 GMT
Hi Scott,
Some days ago I have tested the authentication plugin of ATS in forward mode with Apache and
postgreSQL so I suppose it can work with ldap or anything else too, on my experience it works
but soon takes off available connections on db,  adding a middle layer with lua and memcache
to store authenticated users and ban the failed ones for n consecutives retries should be
a solution to avoid resource expensive lookups over database (or other auth mechianism).
I hope that helps.