From "Chin, Kenneth (HBO)" <Kenneth.C...@hbo.com>
Subject RE: Apache Traffic Server Hierarchical Caching Question
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:14:42 GMT
Leif,

I still have an issue.

To simply matters, I am trying to set up a reverse proxy server.  I have 2 servers:  traffic.mytest.com
and origin.mytest.com.   Both servers are running Apache Web Server.  The index page is only
on the origin server.  I modified the traffic server as follows:

  remap.config

  map http://traffic.mytest.com  http://origin.mytest.com
  reverse_map http://origin.mytest.com http://traffic.mytest.com

  records.config

  CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 1

I then stop and start the trafficserver.

On a browser on a client, I enter:

  http://traffic.mytest.com/index.com

I expect the traffic server to make an HTTP request to the origin server and then cache the
page on the traffic server.  The traffic server will then server the page to the client.
However, I get and Error 404.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Ken