From "Adam W. Dace" <colonelforbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Has anyone compiled / tested ATS on CentOS 6.2?
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:04:59 GMT
The simple answer for me is bandwidth, bandwidth...and oh yes, bandwidth.

I've actually been using Rackspace for a virtual server parent cache for a
while and they are awesome.
However, they charge for bandwidth...so I've been hacking parent.config
like crazy in an attempt
to avoid -any- video going across the Internet.  It sucks kind of.

I actually found Linode from a banner ad on a website somewhere, and these
wonderful people include
2 TB of bandwidth for essentially the same monthly cost.  That their distro
is a little old honestly doesn't bother me.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...think I'm going to just fire up a
virtual machine and give it a shot.  :-)

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>wrote:

> Am 13.10.2013 16:45, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
> > I've got a few days before I commit myself, but I think I've found a
> cheaper alternative to Rackspace to host my
> > parent web cache.  :-)
> >
> > Anyways, all they have available for CentOS is v6.2 and I was wondering
> if anyone's compiled / tested ATS on it.
>
> besides the answer below short ago why in the world CentOS 6.2?!
> current is 6.4 and since CentOS/RHEL has a stable API/ABI it
> is pretty dumb to ignore these security updates which
> you are receive with yum - so whoever can offer CentOS6
> but *not* CentOS 6.2 because this is a specific patchlevel
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff:        Re: [VOTE] Release v4.0.2
> Datum:  Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:01:47 +0800
> Von:    Mohd Akhbar <mymohaja@gmail.com>
> Antwort an:     users@trafficserver.apache.org
> An:     users@trafficserver.apache.org
>
> Compiled and tested on Centos 6.4 without any prob. +1

Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <adam@turing.com>

Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about